Please help us improve our school parking lot safety...
In order to improve safety and the flow of traffic in our Woodland parking lot we are making some changes. We have opened up ten visitor parking spots that are marked along the sidewalk. If you need to get out of your car, please park in a lined parking space or on the street. We have also established a drop off and pick up lane along the curb in the parking lot.
These Traffic Safety Rules have been developed with the safety of students foremost in mind, and secondly to optimize the flow of traffic. We ask parents to follow the rules at all times. Consider it a small investment of time in the safety of our children, to make sure that there are no accidents. If you don't drop off or pick up your children yourself, make sure that the parties that do (grandparents, sitters) understand our traffic rules.
We would like to establish a circular flow of traffic by having all vehicles enter through the South entrance of the parking lot and exit through the North end. There will be NO PARKING in the DROPOFF AND PICK UP AREAS along the curb in lane No. 1. If you need to get out of your car, please park in a lined parking space or on the street. These guidelines are designed to help with the safety of all of our children.
To prevent accidents from happening please observe the following parking lot regulations.
The Woodland Parking Lot Now has Two Lanes of Traffic
Enter parking lot through the South entrance.
Lane No. 1 (closest to the school sidewalk)
- Is for pick up and drop off only
- Upon entering, stay in the right lane (for pickup/drop off only)
- Always move forward as far as you can to fill in all available space
- Never leave your car unattended at the curb. (If you need to get out, find a parking space in the lot)
- Once you have dropped off or picked up your child, you may merge with caution to Lane No. 2 to exit the parking lot
LANE No. 2
- Is for exiting the parking lot only – Lane No. 2 is a through lane
- Cutting in front of cars that are waiting in Lane No. 1 is not permitted
- Stopping in Lane 2 is not permitted
Under no circumstances are children to be picked up or dropped off from this lane!!
Always drive carefully on school property.
The children deserve to be able to count on us in this regard.